Friday, November 11, 2011

Vanhoozer Rejoins Trinity


There's been blog posts and twitter feeds about the announcement of Kevin Vanhoozer's departure from Wheaton College to return to his former position at Trinity. I was wondering why he decided to make the move after a short three-year stint at Wheaton, and it seems that the reason is mostly logistical in nature. Check out Wheatonblog's explanation here. My studies haven't taken me to much of Vanhoozer's writings, but from what I hear, he's done good work in his respective field. In 2010, he was part of Wheaton's Theology Conference, engaging with the work of N.T. Wright, and in my view, he was the most engaging presenter in the entire conference (though I also enjoyed very much the presentation from my current teacher, Prof. Richard Hays). Anyway, this seems to be a big loss for Wheaton but a significant (re?)gain for Trinity.

No comments: