Friday, November 5, 2010

Spring '11

Here at Duke, it seems like there's a mad rush to get into the classes of your choice, and it was no different this week as registrations opened up for the Spring semester. I had my eye on a bunch of classes and it looks like this will be my coursework for the upcoming semester:

Calvin and the Interpretation of John with Prof. David Steinmetz
Exegesis of Acts with Prof. C. Kavin Rowe
Seminar on NT and Ancient Greco-Roman Philosophy with Prof. C. Kavin Rowe
Greek Exegesis: Synoptic Gospels with Prof. Mark Goodacre
[informal] Readings in Syriac with Prof. Lucas Van Rompay (hopefully...)

There was a Greek Exegesis in the Gospel of John by Prof. Joel Marcus that was super tempting, but due to schedule conflicts, this is how it ended up. There's still a few kinks that needs to be worked out, but I think this will end up being my classes for the Spring. I'm loving the classes this semester, but am also excited for the Spring semester!

2 comments:

jhlee19 said...

OooO...the first two classes sound interesting!

Mike S. said...

Jinny: Haha really? I think #3 and 4 are super interesting...!