Friday, October 29, 2010

Review copies

Checked the mail today and got two books for review copy. Big thanks to Emily Kiefer and the generous folks at Westminster John Knox, I received these two books:

New Testament Apocrypha, Volume One: Gospels and Related Writings, Revised ed. Edited by Wilhelm Schneemelcher, trans. R. McL. Wilson

The New Testament World, Insights from Cultural Anthropology, Bruce J. Malina

It's been a while since I received books for review, so I'm excited to have received these two titles. Both of course are books in fields I am interested in (i.e., NT vs. the non-canonical Gospels and the sociological background of the NT), so these two books should be welcome additions to my library. Look for reviews in the upcoming weeks.

2 comments:

Marc said...

Hey Mike, I couldn't find another way to get in touch with you, but I wanted to let you know that you'd won the book giveaway over at Scientia et Sapientia for Paul Althaus' Theology of Martin Luther. If you'll send me your contact info, I'll ship it out to you. You should be able to get my email from the blog. Thanks.

Mike S. said...

Marc: Thanks for letting me participate in the give-away. I sent an email to your Western Seminary address, so I'll be looking forward to receiving the book. Thanks!