Friday, July 2, 2010

How things have changed...

During my last semester at Talbot, my professors were mentioning that much of the journal databases at the Biola Library were being changed to digital format, with no hard copies being available on site. It's amazing how much things have changed over the years, and I'm grateful that through my student ID, I get access to a bunch of library databases through Biola as an alumni. Unfortunately, the access they provide of theological journals only go to say, 2004, 2005, 2007, etc., at the very least a couple years old (which is huge I think in terms of recent scholarship). Great news! I just checked my Duke ID, and it seems that their database is much more vast as well current (this is not a knock on Biola, but just shows the level of research/endowment available and accomplished at Duke). Not only that, I already have access to their library database and e-journals, even while still living 2500 miles away from campus. How things have changed! For the better that is (at least in my opinion). I must admit, sometimes I just download a bunch of articles and completely forget about them... I suppose I will get to them sometime. Are any of you avid downloaders of journal articles?

2 comments:

crazysush said...

Yes, for work... All the scientific stuff totally killed my joy of reading.=[

Mike S. said...

Noona: Haha, aren't science journals kind of fun to read from time to time...?