Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ETS

In case you dropped by thinking this to be a blog post about the Evangelical Theology Society (by the way, my former professor Dr. Clint Arnold is the president-elect this year), sorry, that's not the group I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the wonderful group we all are familiar with, the Educational Testing Service, raking in millions (maybe billions!?) of dollars through standardized tests like APs, SATs, and GREs. Although I already took the GREs, I might take it again in the future so I've been studying vocabs and in one of the practice questions, the right answer to a blank was "ludology." What the heck is ludology? I went to dictionary.com, Merriam-Webster, and MSN Encarta dictionary, and ALL of them said this word does not exist. It was only after I typed it in Google that I got "study of games (esp. videogames)." What the!

These kinds of words better not show up on the GRE.

No comments: