Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Books among other things

So I'm in the process of applying to various schools right now and now I have two weeks before my last semester at Talbot. I ordered a bunch of books the past fews days for the new semester as well as my own personal reading:

Suetonius, Twelve Caesars
Wayne Meeks and John Fitzgerald, The Writings of St. Paul

I also have a couple books I received as review copies as well as BibleWorks 8... apologies to the kind folks who sent them to me, I will get them out as soon as I can.

I've been reading through Raymond Brown's revised introduction to the Gospel of John, and I have to say, it's been a very good read. I have not read anything substantial from Brown (minus the excerpts here and there) but this book is really good. Some of his insights are very insightful and intriguing.

I am also re-reading Wright's Justification and Piper's The Future of Justification because the first time I read it, I read it in a hurry and didn't get to fully consider the implications of each of their perspectives on this issue. Also they will both be at ETS this year, so if I do get a chance to go, I want to know what they're talking about.

The last of the applications are due Feb. 1st, so busy working away at them for the next two weeks!

No comments: