Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

I know some think Jesus wasn't really born in December, but still... it is a good time of the year, no? Anyway, I'm about to start finishing up my final homiletical project on Mark 14:22-26, but before I do that, I wanted to share with you all a funny story about Christmas.

Around Christmas time, my sermons at church usually get more anti-secular (if you know what I mean) and I often tell my kids that Santa is just an imaginary character. Anyway, a couple years back, one of my old kids came up to me and told me a funny (or disturbing?) story:

Now in junior high school she says: You know, Pastor Mike, you were the first one to tell me that Santa wasn't real.

Me: Oh really? Umm... I see...

Student: Yeah, I remember that Sunday when I went home, I told my mom that you said Santa wasn't real.

Me: Oh? What did she say?

Student: She said you were lying.


Wow.

4 comments:

Jason Gardner said...

Reminds me of a story from junior high. My 8th-grade history teacher said that a student of his from a few years earlier, upon his mentioning in passing that Santa wasn't real, got up and ran out of the room crying!

jhlee19 said...

hi mike! i'm glad you finished your stuff...

http://jinnyjlee.wordpress.com/feed/

are you a google reader too? i love it!

Janice said...

hahaha who was the kid again??

Mike S. said...

Jason: Hahaha, that's a good story too, thanks for sharing!

Jinny: Thanks! For the encouragement and the link.

Janice: I'll tell you in person! Haha... privacy issues?